- convert movies to MP4 format playable on apple tv (does not allow multiple conversions in parallel)
- can convert multiple files and/or folders in one batch
- can optionally fetch movie metadata from IMDB (check apple-tv-converter’s documentation on how to do this)
- works on Mac OS X Mavericks
- requires rvm to be installed (apple-tv-converter requires ruby v1.9 and the system ruby is v1.8, will try to make it work in v1.8 later)
- requires ffmpeg to be installed for the conversion process (recommended installation via Homebrew)
everything else that’s necessary should already be bundled in the workflow (hence the ~11Mb).